Sunday, April 10, 2011

Leaving Korea

Presently, I'm sitting in room 398 at Hotel Nikko Narita outside of Tokyo, Japan. I was originally supposed to fly out of Gimhae International today at about this time but that flight was cancelled. The airline booked me on a flight on Sunday and offered me accommodations for the night. Having arrived at 6:00pm last night and considering that the travel time to central Tokyo from the Narita airport is roughly 2 hours I decided to stay at my hotel and save Tokyo for another day.

So I'm waiting to catch the shuttle to the airport in about an hour. I'll be flying to Chicago where I'll have a 5-hour layover--just enough time to hang out with an old friend who lives there now and whom I haven't seen in about a decade. Then it's off to Minneapolis.

It's very weird to be leaving Korea. I made some amazing friends (you all know who you are). I'm glad to know so many amazing people now from all over the world. Guess I'll just have to do some more travelling to see them all again...darn! I'm also very excited for graduate school and to be back in the Pacific Northwest!

I wish I could write more right now but I have to check out and catch my shuttle!

See all my friends and family in Minnesota soon!

2 comments: